A few quick thoughts on the video embedded below..  

Posted by bryce in , ,

This video makes me so excited. Especially the idea that there is a real self that the box on the screen can present. To kind of elaborate on an idea that I had previously (maybe somewhere else), but the masked self that one may be on YouTube isn't even the real masked self! It's not a self! It's a contextual box that only exists if you find it! The personas that you find are exactly that, ones that you find. They are not there until you click on them. So, the question becomes not are you the real you, but am I making you the real you. Or, even better, maybe I'm making you the real me...

1 comments

Or are you making me real crazy? The answer might be "yes." ;)

Thanks for your visit to my blog and for your very kind words.

Post a Comment

Welcome to...

A blog filled with anthro-inspired cultural criticism (with a strong continental philosophy bent), focusing on the digi-physical worlds we inhabit and the end of the world (complete with zombie apocalypse).

Followers